Thursday, November 4, 2010

30 Days Of Letters - Someone Who Changed My Life

When I read the first of Essin' Em's 30 Days Of Letters (Done before her by other bloggers whom I keep intending to read in length), I was intrigued. And now I'm giving it a go myself.

Dear Junior High Teachers,

Yes, all of you. You changed my life. You saw that I was smart, if awkward, and shy, and prone to emotional fits. You didn’t treat me any different from any students academically, and expected the best out of all of us, but one of you bent the rules in gym to allow for the fact that sports and I were an ill match, especially if I had to be remotely coordinated.

You were the realest friends I had in junior high, the ones that didn’t treat me like crap. I could talk politics with you. One of you, my badass goth science teacher, was my first conscious exposure to goth and I was hooked on it.

I don’t think any of you really ever found out how hellish my home life was in the last year and a half of my junior high years. I wish you had. I really do.

Thank you, ALL OF YOU, for being such a goddamn important part of my growing years.

0 comments: