Thursday, October 28, 2010

30 Days Of Letters - Someone I Judged On First Impression

When I read the first of Essin' Em's 30 Days Of Letters (Done before her by other bloggers whom I keep intending to read in length), I was intrigued. And now I'm giving it a go myself.

Dear G,

My friends think I ought to like you. That if nothing else, I should be your friend. Mind you, they also think I should date D despite me being in love with A.

I reluctantly added you on facebook. Didn't really want to talk, since my wrist was giving me serious hell, but better to get it over with. Within half an hour you had admitted to not liking and never reading Harry Potter and had attempted to school me on one of my favorite metal bands. Because, y'know, I couldn't possibly realize that Ripper, the former vocalist, had been in Judas. For fucks sake I only started dating Steven, one of their number one fans, when Ripper was still with them. I dated a fucking Iced Earth encyclopedia for three years, there's few bands I know more about.

You can talk the talk, but you fail at walking the walk.

Meeting you in person, I disliked you on sight before I even recognized you. Something about you makes my skin crawl. You are an ass on facebook, a vile, condescending ass.

I await my first impression being proved either right or wrong. I do not understand what my friends see in you.

0 comments: