Monday, September 27, 2010

30 Days Of Letters - Someone I Wish I Could Meet

When I read the first of Essin' Em's 30 Days Of Letters (Done before her by other bloggers whom I keep intending to read in length), I was intrigued. And now I'm giving it a go myself.

This doesn't go out to anyone in specific. This goes to an entire fucking forum. Yes, an entire forum.


Dear LSG,

Since January, posting amongst you has made me feel saner. I don’t post often, I go through days where I only lurk and some days I have a burst of posting. But I’ve always felt welcome. I can say what I need to. I can get the advice I need, sometimes I don’t take it, but I appreciate it nonetheless.

I found you when other places I used to frequent on the internet became less welcoming in my eyes, less pleasant, less home. I needed somewhere where I didn’t feel like any post I made was setting myself up for a flaming, where I wasn’t an anomaly. Where there were people who were like me, and people who weren’t who still accepted me for me.

And I found you. On Rav, of all things. Who would have thought I’d find my home on the internet on a knitting site? I didn’t. But I found that.

I check you every day unless I have no internet at all. Once, when struck with no internet, I craved LSG so badly I checked on my blackberry, despite the tiny screen and horrible scrolling. I love all of you, despite barely knowing any of you. I say things to you that barely anyone else ever hears. Without you all, I’d have spent most of the past few months with so much pent up inside eating away at me.

Thank you. All of you. For existing and being so wonderful.

0 comments: