Friday, October 8, 2010

30 Days Of Letters - The Person I Wish I Could Be

When I read the first of Essin' Em's 30 Days Of Letters (Done before her by other bloggers whom I keep intending to read in length), I was intrigued. And now I'm giving it a go myself.

Dear Potential,

To reach you, I must strive hard, I must dream big. You are a powerful woman, possessing more sexual confidence than I do, not about the back down from fighting for your passions. Well-educated and well-read, you’re a sex educator, or the owner of a sex-positive toy store, as well as a writer. You are who I wish I was now, and would have been had I not left school prematurely.

If you are in a relationship, it is happy, filled with good communication. If you aren’t, you are still an ethical slut, believing in preserving the safety of health and emotions. Perhaps you’re monogamous, perhaps you’re poly, perhaps you’re simply open. I don’t know what road is best for me yet. You’re still femme-androgyne queer, I know that. I cannot picture myself any other way.

You speak your mind, and you don’t lie or stretch the truth. You don’t fear what people think of you. You value it, but if they hate you, it won’t ruin your day. You don’t let your happiness hinge on anyone but yourself - you alone choose what makes you happy and what doesn’t. You continue to experiment with that which catches your mind.

You’ve continued with the body modifications. You’ve finally managed to balance your darkness with your light. You’re still a LaVeyan Satanist, the path still matching your views of the world. However, you also still dabble in Dark Neopaganism, and offer up your love to the Goddess. After all, it is your roots, and you don’t believe in denying them.

If you have managed to kick smoking to the curb, congratulations, but it’s no big deal if you haven’t. I know I couldn’t do it now. Maybe you’ve tried more beyond weed and salvia, maybe you haven’t. How can I really predict that? It relies so heavily on so much.

Whoever you become, you’re stronger than present day...

0 comments: