Sunday, October 31, 2010

30 Days Of Letters - The Person Who Gave Me My Favourite Memory

When I read the first of Essin' Em's 30 Days Of Letters (Done before her by other bloggers whom I keep intending to read in length), I was intrigued. And now I'm giving it a go myself.

Dear D,

How about A LOT of favourite memories? Like running down streets in our costumes Halloween 06, freezing but having fun?

“Swallow, Damon, swallow!” “The phaaaaantom of the opera is there...Inside your pants”. We have made countless priceless memories. You’re my fuckin’ brother, who cares about the lack of any biological connection, we have the same humour and even look similar. People think we’re siblings without even knowing us.

I’m Mary Fucking Poppins, yeah? And in high school we were such goofs. You were always my skipping buddy, no matter what the class or weather. Once we became friends, we were and are inseparable. You cannot get the Betha without the Damon. Two-fer-one deal. We’ve seen each other through bad boyfriends and STD/pregnancy tests, negated friend drama, and somehow you’re the only person I have never had a fight with in our group.

Remember last year, when I got so hammered on your birthday that I could barely get my corset done up, had a smoke outside in very little clothing in -40, and fell asleep on Dan?

Remember when we used to shoplift? And we got pretty good at it until B was caught when I was with her and that scared me off of it. The one time that we went with E to the mall and when we couldn’t find her were petrified that she’d gotten picked up for our lifting, that was harrowing.

There’s so many more memories. You’re awesome, dude.

0 comments: